Neidio i'r prif gynnwy

Gwybodaeth am faint o arian sydd wedi'i wario ar dai mewnfudwyr anghyfreithlon.

Darllen manylion ar y ddalen hon

Cyhoeddwyd gyntaf:
7 Mawrth 2022
Diweddarwyd ddiwethaf:


1 March 2022


ATISN 16053: Housing of Illegal Immigrants

Thank you for your request received on 5 February 2022. You asked:

  • How much (per day) does the Welsh government spend of taxpayer’s money on housing illegal immigrants? 

Our response

We received your response to our letter asking you to clarify your request for information on 10 February 2022. Your response stated:

“Replying to two of your questions needing clarification 

( 1 ) what is my definition of an "illegal immigrant "

( 2 ) what date/period

My defination of " Illegal immigrant ' is the same as everyone else a person or persons crossing a country's borders illegally as opposed to legally, illegal being entering into a country in violation of the immigration laws of that country, by bypassing customs and immigration controls .Entering the borders of the United Kingdom from France ( a safe country ) in rubber boats is not entering legally so immigrants entering the United Kingdom in this manner are therefore by definition illegal immigrants no matter how the Liberal, politically correct Welsh government would like to change the meaning 


12 Dec 2018 — 10 Feb 2022”

We considered the response you provided and have established that the information you require is not held by the Welsh Government. We do not collect data on the means of travel to the UK by anyone fitting your definition.

The Home Office is responsible for the provision and payment of accommodation provided to asylum seekers under section 95 or section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. The provision of accommodation under this legislation is not within the devolved powers of the Welsh Government. The Home Office may therefore be able to provide an answer to your request you can find further information on how this can be provided on their website or submit a request to  

Next steps

If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response.  Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at: Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ or Email:

Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.   

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner.  The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: 

Information Commissioner’s Office, 
Wycliffe House, 
Water Lane, 
SK9 5AF 

However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.

Yours sincerely