6 May 2022
Request for Information – ATISN 16231
I wrote to you on 12 April regarding your request for information.
- How many miles of road per local authority were worked on in the last three years?(break down by years and share the raw data files if possible.)
- How many miles of road were closed per local authority in the last three years?(break down by years and share the raw data if possible.)
- How many miles of road per local authority will be worked on in the next 12 months?
- How many miles of road will be closed in the next 12 months?
- How much money has been invested in road improvements on the last three years? (break down by years if possible.)
I can confirm that we hold some information in relation to your response. The Welsh Government is responsible for strategic road network (SRN) across Wales and this falls within many local authority areas. The local road network is the responsibility of the relevant local authority to maintain.
For questions 1-3, we do not hold this information as our records do not relate to local authority areas where the SRN may pass through but instead to the route/road number as a means of location along with the junctions where relevant – please contact the relevant local authorities for any further information relating to their roads.
For question 4 – we do not hold this information. We are still working on the programme for the next 12 months and the details relating to the requirements for traffic management.
For question 5, please note the total spend invested in road improvements in the last three years by the Welsh Government on the SRN across Wales includes major road projects, revenue-based activities and capital based projects and the approximate expenditure is as follows:
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.